Thursday, June 11, 2009

A few things to think about.....


I found this on Cheryl's blog. Cheryl is the mother of Maddux and also the co founder of Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep. She lost her son in 1995.

Anyways on to what I found
"The mention of my child’s name may bring tears to my eyes, but it never fails to bring music to my ears. If you really are my friend, please don’t keep me from hearing this beautiful music: It soothes my broken heart and fills my soul with love. "

&

"Like the butterfly, I have the strength and the hope to believe. And in time, I will emerge from my cocoon... Transformed. "
These two little quotes and the above picture speak to my heart. I am usually able to speak of my grief well. But wow these two things really touched me today. I think I may even email them to family.
Ill leave you with two more things I came across
There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love. --Washington Irving
Part of every misery is, so to speak, the misery's shadow or reflection: the fact that you don't merely suffer
but have to keep on thinking about the fact that you suffer. I not only live each endless day in grief,
but live each day thinking about living each day in grief. --C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment